The ESC of Central Ohio is committed to providing a website that is accessible to the widest possible audience, regardless of technology or ability.
This website endeavors to comply with best practices and standards as defined by Section 508 of the U.S. Rehabilitation Act
, and the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1
. These guidelines explain how to make web content more accessible for people with disabilities. Conformance with these guidelines will help make the web more user-friendly for all people. All site pages are being run through a W3C compliant validation product to monitor compliancy to WCAG guidelines.
The ESC also has added a web accessibility and language toolbar to our website to make it accessible and inclusive for as many people as possible. The toolbar has a unique range of functions. You can use it to:
- Read website text aloud (including PDFs)
- Download the text as an MP3 file to play it where and when it suits you
- Change font sizes and colors
- Customize background-color
- Translate text into more than 100 different languages
- Access a fully integrated dictionary and thesaurus
- You can find out more about how the toolbar works from the user guide.
If you would like additional assistance or have accessibility concerns, please contact Communications
or call 614-445-3750. We will continue to test the site to make sure that all content on the site is accessible to all visitors. We will also continue to work to improve the accessibility standards of our website.